What Are Action Items?
An Action Item is something that was marked as Thumbs Down on a survey and assigned to a team member to follow-up and correct
Who can assign an action item?
Action items can be assigned by someone completing an audit or an inspection. They can be assigned to anyone who has access to that location AND Read or Write permissions to the audit/form.
(More on Hierarchy and Group Permissions - coming soon)
Who can close an Action Item?
Only the user who created the item or the user assigned the item can close it.
What are the different Action Item statuses?
- Due soon: assigned due date more than one day away
- Past Due: assigned due date is today or in the past
- Pending Approval: the action item has been closed by the person assigned and is pending review from the person who created it
Where can I see my action items?
You can find them on your main dashboard or by heading to the Action Item Dashboard. Here you can filter by Items Assigned to You or Items Created by You
The Action Item Process
1. Alan is completing an inspection and sees something needs correcting. He taps the Action Item button and assigns it to Rose with a Due Date and enables Requires Approval Before Closing.
2. Rose received a notification that an Action Item has been assigned and sees it on her Dashboard. She opens it to see the details:
3. From here, Rose corrects the item onsite. She documents the correction by adding a Comment and Photo(s).
4. Rose closes the Action Item and the status changes to Pending Approval (note: if approval is not required to close, the item will be closed at this point at disappear from your dashboard)
5. Alan opens the app and sees an item is Pending Approval
6. He opens it and reviews Rose's correction. Alan can add additional comments/photos if he does not approve of the correction, or tap Close to close the item
Congratulations! Your team has successfully Captured, Correct and Closed an Action Item!
You can access closed action items on our desktop website along with other reports:
Desktop Reporting (coming soon)