Before you begin adding users it’s important to understand the different aspects of Users, Groups, and Admin Privileges. You will need User & Group Admin privileges to perform the actions below. All changes are made via the Admin portal located on the bottom left of your screen after you login. Click here if you Need Help.
Groups define what forms users have read/write access to. A group must be created before adding users. Anytime a new form is created, Groups must be updated to define who has permission to that form.
Create a Group
- Go to www.myfieldaudits.com and login
- Select Admin from the bottom left of screen
- Click the “Groups” button on the admin panel
- Click “Add New Group”
- Name your group (Ex: “All Forms”)
- A list of your current forms will appear
- Select the correct access for the form:
- WRITE: ability to complete and review form, reply and close Action Items from this form
- READ: can not complete form, but can review results, reply and close Action Items
- NO ACCESS: user has no access to complete form or review form results
*Note: most accounts will be created with a default group labeled ALL FORMS - users in this group will have access to complete and review all current forms associated with an account.
Users can have access to any ONE area of the hierarchy. By default, a user has access to any areas below their assigned area (Ex: a user with access to “West Coast” will also have access to “California & Washington”).
- Click the USERS button on the admin panel
- Click “Add User”
- Enter their name and email (Note: Email addresses become your username to login and where important notifications are sent)
- Create 6-8 character password, repeat password
- Select Area
- Select Admin Permissions (option, see below)
- Select Feedback Form Group (Note: if a group is not selected, user will not be able to complete any forms or see any data)
- Click SAVE
- Make sure to send user their login information (We'll be releasing automated Welcome Emails soon!)
- Repeat for additional user
- User the PENCIL icon to edit existing users, and the TRASH to delete.
- Feedback Form Permission: Allows user to add/remove/edit Feedback Forms (Audits/Inspections)
- Users Permission: Allows user to add/remove/edit users in the areas they are assigned to
- Group Permission: Allows users to add/remove/edit user groups that define form access
- Area Permission: Allows users to add/remove/edit the area of the company hierarchy they are assigned to.
The admin permissions you grant a user work in tandem with the Areas they have access to. For example, a user that has access to to Area A (Ex: “West Coast”) and has User Permissions will only be allowed to add/remove edit users within Area A and below (Ex: “West Coast” and “California”). Additionally, users with Admin Permissions can only grant the permissions they have to other users.
Please sign in to leave a comment.