This article will help you get ready to participate onsite in a remote inspection. You'll be asked to complete a few pre-inspection requests and then connect over live video feed with a remote auditor to inspect your facility.
Watch the brief video to get started or jump to walkthrough articles. The process is simple:
- Download and Register with the MyFieldAudits Remote App
- Complete Pre-Inspection Collateral Requests
- Join a Live Inspection
Let's get started!
STEP 1 - Download and Register
You'll see a welcome email come, listing the name of the person who has invited you to the inspection.
- Download the MyFieldAudits REMOTE Auditor app through the app/play store or directly through your welcome email
- If you're an existing MyFieldAudits user, use your current Login Credentials to login (forgot password?) - jump to STEP 2
- If you're new, tap the Quick Registration link in your welcome email OR tap REGISTER in the mobile app and enter your EMAIL & TOKEN
- Update your name and title if needed and create a 6-8 character password
- Login with your email and password you just created
STEP TWO: Complete Pre-Inspection Collateral Requests
These are requests for photos or videos of your facility prior to an inspection. You'll be notified via email of all requests. To complete:
- Open the app and tap Collaterals
- Tap the name of the Collateral
- For each task, you can upload photos or videos. If there are areas of your facility with poor connectivity, take the photos or videos directly to your device, and then upload through the gallery in the MyFieldAudits Remote App
To take photos in the app:
- Tap the camera icon
- Tap the camera button
To take videos in the app:
- Tap the camera icon
- Switch to the video recorder
- Tap the button to begin recording
- Tap to stop
Note: videos are limited to 30 seconds, but you can upload as many as needed
Mark Collateral as complete:
Once you've uploaded all the requested media:
- Navigate back to the main Collateral Screen
- Tap Mark as Completed
The remote auditor will be notified that you've completed the request. They may reopen the request for additional details.
>STEP 3 - Joining a Live Inspection
You'll be notified via email of a scheduled inspection. To join:
- Tap the Inspections button
- Tap the Camera Icon to join
The remote auditor will be able to hear and see what you show them but you'll only be able to hear the remote auditor. Listen to their directions and move smoothly and steadily throughout the facility
TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL REMOTE INSPECTION
- Communicate and Prepare: Understand which areas of the facility the inspection will focus on and prepare by removing uneeded distractions or setting a time that's suitable for the inspection
- Pre-Inspect: If there are areas with poor connectivity, consider capturing these areas with Pre-Inspection Collateral Requests
- Charge your device: Ensure your device is fully charged prior to beginning. If possibly, keep an external battery pack nearby so your inspection is not interrupted due to low battery
- Use headphones w/microphone: Many facility can be noisy and make it difficult to hear your remote auditor. Using headphones will ensure clear communication
- Use a selfie stick: If available, a selfie sick or other camera mounting equipment can help create a smoother, steadier video feed for the remote auditor.
- Turn off notifications: If possible turn off any uneeded notifications prior to beginning the inspection
- Close other apps: Close any apps that may be running in the background
Please sign in to leave a comment.